Sedation Dentistry: relieve your dental anxiety
Do you or a family member have a fear of visiting the dentist? Many people experience anxiety surrounding dental visits, which deters them from coming to regular appointments which then often leads to more dental issues. Nervous or highly fearful patients can now receive the treatment they need in a low-stress, relaxed state through the use of sedation dentistry at Koplon Implant & Family Dentistry.
How does the Sedation Dentistry work?
- First, you meet with our practice to learn about your dental anxiety, health history and determine if oral conscious sedation is a fit for you.
- With sedation dentistry, the patient orally takes a pill that induces a highly relaxed state.
- The patient is awake and aware of their surroundings and can follow instructions from the dentist.
- Because the pill is taken before the appointment and takes a little while to wear off, the patient will need someone to drive them to the dentist’s office and back again after the appointment.
- No IVs are necessary for oral conscious sedation, which helps relieve extra fears that patients may have.
Am I a candidate for Sedation Dentistry?
There are many types of patients who are a fit for oral conscious sedation. You may have anxiety surrounding the procedure or may need sedation because of a more intense and/or long service. Regardless of your specific need, sedation dentistry helps ease your appointment and make you more comfortable.
If you are interested in learning more about sedation dentistry, give us a call and we can schedule a time for you to learn more about what the process entails and if you are a fit.
Interested in visiting our office? We see patients from all over, including Leeds, Moody, Trussville, Pell City, Talladega, Lincoln, Springville, Odenville, Sylacauga, Anniston, and beyond. Give us a call today! 205-699-2551.