What Is A 3D X-ray?
At Moody Koplon Implant & Family Dentistry, our Galileos 3D Cone Beam, otherwise known as our 3D x-ray, allows us the flexibility to complete a comprehensive scan of your entire mouth. Two dimensional x-rays only show images of your individual teeth, while 3D x-rays enable a more thorough and complete navigation and diagnosis of many other head and neck conditions not seen with traditional 2D x-ray films.
What Are The Benefits To Having A 3D X-Ray?
3D x-rays provide our team a more comprehensive view of your entire mouth which helps us locate issues that aren’t always identifiable in a 2D image. We in turn are able to coordinate treatment planning and dental services to Moody communities with more depth and can explain treatments to our patients with greater clarity and accuracy. Other benefits include:
- Lower radiation dose (less than a full mouth series of intraoral film)
- A quick comprehensive scan of the complete oral-maxillofacial area (14 seconds)
- Immediate virtual diagnosis and treatment planning in one visit
- More certainty during surgery
- Easy sharing of images and diagnostic information
Even if you are not a patient of our practice, we will gladly take your scan and place it on a disc and give it you immediately for your surgeon to review.
Koplon Dentistry provides the surrounding Moody communities 3D x-ray dental services and other oral health solutions. Contact our offices today to learn more!